Monday, November 16, 2009

Tick warning!

We just spent several days in the field in Northern NY. Ticks were a serious concern. On one day I took 7 ticks off of my clothes, and one off of my body.
The deer tick, officially known as the Black Legged Tick is the one that causes Lyme Disease. You don't want that disease. It makes the H1N1 virus look like a weak contender.
So, if you will be in the field, hiking, biking, hunting or looking for mushrooms, check you and your companion for ticks that evening. Might even be fun after a couple of glasses of wine. :-)
Roger http://www.rogerfulton.com/

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Lindsey said...

Thank you for this post! I was just talking with a buddy in Moreau Lake State Park today about whether ticks might still be out and about. I've had Lyme Disease twice, would be nice to never have to deal with it again.

November 17, 2009 at 10:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home